Monday, September 08, 2003

So...he only wants $87 BILLION dollars more to fight two wars in two countries that have only served to do nothing but create, at least in my mind, our 51st and 52nd states.

President Bush, you're nuts. You're whacked on some really good weed or something but I don't want you spending my tax money on wars that I don't personally believe in. First you tell the UN that you want to do the entire Iraq deal alone and now you want them to come on in and help pick up the cost too? You haven't found Osama bin Laden. You haven't found Saddam Hussein. You certainly haven't found weapons of mass destruction.

You are digging your own grave and I'm not enjoying the fact that you're taking our economy down with you. Yeah certain indicators are up and so forth but with more people losing their jobs (my father for example) it's not really comforting to know that you aren't looking at your own backyard first and trying to take care of of something else. The fact that you and your advisors thought that the Iraqis would simply put down there weapons and hand over the keys to show you that the weapons of mass destruction were simply hidden behind the pecan log display at the nearest Stuckey's truck stop was ludicrous and, frankly, cocky. The fact that more people have died since you called a formal end to armed combat than in the actual war itself is a sign that they aren't sitting down and taking it easy.

Wake up, President Bush. People have serious questions for which you have no answers.

I don't know about you, but I want answers.

No comments: