Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Okay here is what's up....I don't know if I will be physically able to finish playing this rugby season. I have way more aches and pains as each week passes and it's getting harder and harder to go out and play full out when I'm not 100% to begin with and I feel I am pushing myself to continue in something where I may risk serious injury because I'm not 100% capable of competing at my highest level.

It's frustrating to realize this and even more so to accept the fact that I might not be able to finish what I've started this year. Then again, I do have to realize that even with the short three week break we had earlier this year, I've been playing about twice a week (if not three times) since February of this year and it's starting to take a toll on me. My body needs to be able to recuperate and I haven't been giving it the time to do so...

It's a tough position to be in since many people on the team know that it will take an act of God to get me to pull myself out of a practice when I'm hurt and pretty much I've had to be forced out of a drill but now I'm coming to the conclusion that I may be done for the year and should focus on 2004....

No comments: