Thursday, April 15, 2004

Well....I got the results back on my latest blood sugar test.

Despite my best efforts with diet and exercise my blood sugar has not gotten to the level that my doctor would like to see. In fact, it's one-tenth of a point higher than what it was when I got tested three months ago. Granted, it's lower than what it was last year but it's not as good as it could be.

So what does this mean....

Well...it means I have to start taking meds...two pills to be exact...and this is everyday...regardless....my best efforts in diet and exercise were, apparently, not good enough to counteract everything which, for me, and my pretty well documented bouts of over-achievement is still a little disappointing. I've improved my eating habits, still exercising, but...well....

I'm still a little bummed.

I'm looking at the bright side of it all....and yes, believe it or not, there is a bright side. It was something that was caught early enough that it can be properly treated and I can still focus on eating right (which I should be doing to begin with) and try to take of some things on my end that I should doing to begin with...

My doctor sounded kinda disappointed as well but I thikn he and I are still on the same page and are having to accept that my biomechanics aren't allow it to happen.

No comments: