Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Oy vey...if I had any hair left to yank out then I would totally be balder than I am right now...

Bachelor auction update...I know I haven't talked about it at all but I guess I will now...the rugby team is doing another bachelor auction this year. Now last year's event exceeded even my biggest expectations when we took in almost nine grand so if we duplicate our efforts this year, we could be looking at....well....a lot more!

Best of all, we got word today that Allan Cumming had agreed to be one of the hosts of the event and will join my favorite diva, Flotilla DeBarge, on stage to auction off the gents. When I got that voicemail this morning, I almost wet my pants. The Cabaret freaks who went to see him time and time again at the Henry Miller should (I hope) want to come see him again...

....right?

I can hope at least...

So this year we're hinging on almost 40 guys going up for sale along with some aggressive raffle ticket sales and other tricks up my sleeve...well...let's just say that there is still a lot of work that is left to be done and I'm not heading down with the team to D.C. this weekend in order to devote my time to pulling all of the loose strings together and make it a nice pretty, colorful package and then hope that the money starts coming in....

And then I can take it easy....

....yeah right....

Not an option.....

No comments: