Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Last night the team went to the new bar owned by the guy who owned the former Who's On First...yes, the hunky owner gave me a buzz and let me know that their new place was open for business and he really wanted to see the team down there. I sprung the surprise at practice last night (because I know how to keep things as a surprise) and the team was thrilled that we were going to be going back.

I walked in the door and Mark greeted me with a HUGE hug that about gave me a hard on right then and there and it probably wouldn't have happened if I wasn't waxing poetic about him with a fellow teammate on the way over. We all would like to think that he's bi or at least bi-curious but hell, I don't care he's just pretty to look at....I of course was joking that I was gonna kiss him right on the lips and my teammate was saying over and over, "He's so into you..."

Well the owner went off to play some darts and I had some dinner and hung out with the guys. But as we approached close to midnight I was getting drained and needed to get some sleep. I went up to the owner who as sitting down on a bar stool keeping score of a darts match, put my hand on his shoulder and bid him farewell. At this point he then leaned up and kinda brushed his lips against my head...

"Did you just kiss me?" I asked.

"Yeah, I kissed your bald head," he said.

So I kissed his head back. Then I told him we were going to Massachusetts to get married.

I remarked on this exchange to one of my teammates who thinks I should pursue it a little more hardcore and maybe get some action out of it but hell...baby steps...baby steps...

No comments: