Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Okay I know I should go to the gym today. I know I need ot go since I have not gone since last Friday. Saturday was the all day rugby boot camp. Sunday was chorus rehearsal in the afternoon and a break from physical exertion for a day (not to mention dealing with the sunburn). Monday I just didn't have the drive to get up and go do that after getting home after 11pm and into bed at almost 2. I had the chorus concert that night and got to be around 1 again and had rugby practice last night where did a lot of running and tackling and my arms and legs are pretty sore albeit not as sore as they were when I first started playing rugby but something inside me is saying, "Brian, take a week off from working out. You've been going five to six days a week now and you need to take a break or your body is going to say, 'Brian, take a break or I'm going to take one for you.' Perhaps this would be a good time to take a break as you were tackled mercilessly last night over and over and over again. Not to mention the fact that you ran your fool head off. Yes, you probably should run some more and get better cardio strength but you have two more practices this week before your one week of vacation so it would probably be in your best interest to just rest a little."

So I'm still deciding. I know it's not really angsty but I do feel the need to workout and perhaps if I did take some time off to let my body recouperate I would probably perform better in the end.

No comments: