Thursday, March 27, 2003

Gawker just did a short piece on Calvin Klein going to Florent in the meat packing district after the Knicks game debacle. Now, I've been to Florent twice -- once with my rugby team and once after a night of carousing with some friends during a bar hopping spree like none other. I might have posted about it here before but when we arrived at about four in the morning, here were the people we shared the packed restaurant with:

Transvestite prostitutes
Leather clad bear daddies
Retro geeks
Couple where the man was in a suit and tie and the lady in a nice evening dress
Stoners
One guy who was walking really funny when he left and we assumed he had been on the receiving end of some very heavy duty sex
And a table of punk rockers with more piercings than you would think possible.

It was too surreal for words but I did have a nice burger and rillettes while I was there.

No comments: