Monday, September 16, 2002

This was such a busy weekend...

My friend Wendi arrived in from Iowa Friday night and we were up until about 2 or 3 in the morning chatting and talking and having some fun. Now mind you, I have already been up since about 5 am so I am borderline exhausted and not sleeping well for the past few weeks on top of that.

Saturday we did some stuff around the apartment working on this project that we had to complete together (more news on that at a later date) and then we ventured into midtown in order to meet up with a friend (whom we did not ultimately meet up with). One of the highlights, though, was passing my dentist's office. Now for many of my friends, they already know that I have a crush on my dentist. Let's just put it this way...if you want to enjoy going to the dentist, then you have to find a very attractive dentist. It has to be one that you wouldn't mind molesting you if you were put under anesthesia. Once you have this in place, then you don't mind going to the dentist. This is the case with my dentist. He is Greek and has these stunningly gorgeous chocolate brown eyes.

Now Wendi knows all about my dentist man because I was gushing over him after a few of my visits. So we're on our way to the subway and I pointed to where his office was...and oddly enough, he was about ten feet down the street coming back from picking up his lunch. He's looking better than ever and even Wendi was like...wow, he's hot! So I got to see my dentist and I turned all giggly and girlie and such. He thought I had moved because I hadn't stopped by the office to get another cleaning (I'm supposed to get them quarterly but I have been bad about doing that) but I let him know that I moving to Washington Heights but he is STILL going to be my dentist regardless of where I live in the city.

Later that night we went to see Into the Woods with Vanessa Williams and John McMartin and it was a wonderful show and a wonderful production but I forgot how LONG it is...the show is almost three hours but it was three glorious hours. On a funny note, a friend that we ran into on the streets was at the show that night...it was kinda funny and I would go into further detail but all we have to say is that Wendi thought that he and I would make a cute couple but he is already in a long-term relationship and something tells me he's not going to leave him for me...

Yesterday, we went down to Ground Zero and it was my first time for me to go down there since a week after the 9/11 attacks when I did some work at the American Stock Exchange about one block away from the WTC. It was a little somber for me because I used to work down there and the little park I would pass where people would eat lunch and play chess and such but now it's all fenced in and such. After that we spent some time at the San Gennaro Festival in Little Italy and I got a henna tattoo which is on my right leg and looks like a big spiral/pinwheel type of thing. As my birthday is tomorrow, this was my gift to myself...although I might go back down there for another one...

The big thing about this weekend was the lack of sleep. I start my first day at a REAL job...yes, I was hired by the bank and today is my first day on the job so I needed a lot of sleep to get ready...not gonna happen. I have been up since 3:00 this morning, got Wendi in a car to the airport, and I got some breakfast. I am going to be surprised if I make it through the day in one piece...

No comments: