Wednesday, September 18, 2002

So sorry for not blogging at all yesterday but it was for a very good reason -- MY BIRTHDAY! Yep, I turned 4 years old yesterday...in dog years......yep Brian is 28 years old as of yesterday.

It was pretty boring at work as there was a little party for people in the counterparty risk department but not for me but at least there was cheesecake. But last night, my friend Maev and I went to the San Gennaro festival (yes I went back) and I got to see everything this time. With Wendi, we didn't get to see too much because it was way more packed on Sunday than it was last night.

When we got to the very end of the fair, we stopped in the San Gennaro church....of course I don't think that's it's real name but for the sake of this entry, we'll call it the San Gennaro church. Maev and I both bought rosaries (even though I am not Catholic, I bought a nice green tigers eye rosary) and they were blessed by the Franciscan monk that was behind the table. As he was blessing my rosary, Maev turned to me and said, "He's cute." I was so glad she's said that first because even I noticed how adorable the monk was. If a monk could be hot, it would have been him. No, Joni, I'm not hot for teacher any more. I'm hot for monk! Just kidding...but seriously he was very cute.

After that, we headed out and got headed into what we called the rip off of the night. Here's a word of advice for everyone, DO NOT take a dart from any of those carnies who tell you that the first one is on them. I wound up paying $60 to win a Siberian husky doll (named Junior) and a magenta caterpillar (which we later named Gyp for obvious reasons). What we didn't realize until we paid up was that each dart was $5. One dart -- five dollars. So he just kept handing them to me and I kept throwing (as did Maev). The worst part of this though was it was at the very END of the street fair. So now I had to carry this freakin' huge caterpillar through the rest of the fair. I now had the word TARGET written on my forehead. All the other vendors tried to get me to play and I said no each and every time. Some of them even tried the old (at least it was old for me now) "I'll pay for the first one" trick and I politely declined each time. Well, almost everytime. One guy tried to get me to play and I said no...so I travelled four feet and the guy next to him tried to get me to do it and I turned to him and said, "I just told your friend over there no and you think I'm going to change my mind in four feet?"

So now I have a magenta caterpillar and a rosary and then we passed this guy who was selling silk wool (or at least that's what Maev called it) and I bought myself this nice long scarf (and quite colorful at that) and I almost bought a rice paper hanging lamp but what was I going to do with that? For the sake of it...what the heck am I going to do with a magenta caterpillar???

No comments: