Thursday, September 19, 2002

Some of you are wondering what big thing happened over the weekend with Wendi that I hinted at in yesterday's posting. Well, since I now know that Wendi did the final leg of the project I can tell you all about it...

Wendi and I applied to be contestants on CBS' reality TV show Amazing Race 4 (the four being, of course, the edition of the race). I was supposed to apply for Amazing Race 3 but that fell through at the last minute but this time the tape is in the mail and off to CBS and Amazing Race headquarters in California and should arrive today if the US Postal Service does its job. It's kismet or something because inside the camera bag was a fortune cookie that said, "You will travel to many foreign soils." Hmmm...interesting...

It was really funny because Wendi and I did the tape at about three in the morning when we were both incredibly tired and putting far more energy into it than any other person who would be up at that hour of the night. We rehearsed it over and over and over that afternoon and couldn't get through the entire thing once so we decided (after coming back home from the theatre) that we were just going to try to tape it and go through it just once.

The first take was a disaster from the beginning because Wendi was clueless that I had even started the tape so we did a retake. I had my cell phone in my hand with the countdown clock poised at three minutes and I watched it slowly tick down as we ran down our list of things we agreed to talk about. At the very end, I don't know what possessed us to do this, but for some reason, we pulled out these really odd looking hats and put them on our heads. Wendi wore a patchwork style Mad Hatter and I had on a multi-colored hat that had green fringe on it and reminds me of a carousel. So here we are at the end of our video with these hats on and well...you just had to be there...

Anyway the video is off and if I make it to the semi-finals I will be flying off to Chicago to meet up with Miss Wendi again and have some fun in the Windy City...oy vey...why am I so frightened right now?

No comments: