Tuesday, October 12, 2004

The Long Walk Home

Last night I was walking home from the subway after a rugby meeting when this guy started walking by, looked at me, and then just started talking about how he's walked from some long far off distance, blah, blah, blah. It was late, I wasn't really in the mood to carry on a conversation with a total stranger.

Except for him it wasn't a conversation. He was hitting on me. He said he knew I was gay from the way that I walked. Now, I've never really noticed whether or not my walk qualifies as "gay" or even "gay like" but well...I dunno where I'm going with that one. Anyway, he was clearly trying to hook up with me and 1) I wasn't interested and 2) I just wanted to get home because I had physical therapy at 7:30 this morning so I really needed some sleep (and I wound up oversleeping too). So...well...I kinda lied. I said I was already spoken for which didn't make him too happy and sent him off on a rant on this incredibly effeminate Puerto Rican/Italian guy he likes and ended with him asking if my "guy" and I lived together. Again, I lied and said yes. I think he was hoping that we didn't so we could have sex or something but it wasn't going to happen.

Okay, if he had asked me about whatever guy I was with I would have pulled out either SkiGuy or SuitMan and talked about him. Thankfully it never came to that but when he started telling me about how he had just come from a Sexual Compulsives Anonymous meeting (and getting the general vibe that he wanted to hook up) I'm kinda glad that I made up the lie.

I mean I guess I'm flattered and all but it's just left me a wee bit confused.

I do know that I'm going to be on the look out for this guy the next time I get off of the L Train. I don't need this drama.

No comments: