Thursday, September 02, 2004

SkiGuy. The Date.

So...I think I've waited long enough to go into my date with SkiGuy this past weekend...and I've resisted the urge to call him all week and look incredibly desperate...then again knowing he's up in Canada doing work right now kinda makes it easier to NOT call him :)

Anyway...Saturday, SkiGuy and I decided to get together and head off to the movies. I met up at his apartment which I had dropped him off once before after a date but never been inside. He has a very minimalistic, European style going with very sharp lines, etc. We talked for a while and I was a little sweaty since 1) I had gone to the gym ahead of time and 2) it was more than a little humid outside. Also, I had chosen to wear jeans over shorts which wasn't that smart of an idea. It was, however, the first time I had ever seen SkiGuy in casual clothes as he was in a t-shirt and shorts. Damn he has nice legs. We talked and chatted for a while as he tended to a few last minute things he was doing before I arrived. When we sat on the couch together, though, I did notice he was sitting a little close. I took this as a good sign.

We saw Garden State which we didn't think was as great as the critics had said and totally hated Natalie Portman (although we both did find it amusing that she wore a scrum cap in some scenes -- can't explain why as it would give away part of the plot but it was amusing to me)...we then went up to a sushi restaurant near his apartment and split an appetizer of shrimp and vegetable tempura and a huge platter of sushi. Lots of talk about the movie, our lives, etc. He's so freakin' animated sometimes and has so much energy you just have to let him go and go...

Ultimately, we went back to his place (because I had left my bag there) and we both got a drink and he had to return a call from his new job so I took to looking through an old Sotheby's catalog of his focusing on South American art which was kind cool. Expensive, but cool. Finally, we wound up sitting on the couch watching the Olympics. Now, you have to understand how we were sitting. At one point, he was standing up and the only way that I could really turn to face him was to put my arm on the back of the couch. Let's just say he wasted no time snuggling into me which allowed for a little stroke on the arm or shoulder and time for us to get a little more comfortable with each other.

Around midnight, he apologized and said he had to ship me out so he could get some rest and get back to work the next morning. I picked up my bag and at this point we started doing some light kissing, nothing major, and just a hint of tongue at one point from him. There was a small potential it could have gone a little farther but I don't think either of us wanted to push it that much...

He returns from Canada tomorrow...we'll see what happens....

No comments: