Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Frances is a bitch

So Hurricane Frances (or what's left of her) made an appearance in NYC today and flooded a few subway lines. I had to ultimately take five trains and got to work an hour late. Psycho Freak Coworker Gloria called in crying that she waited for TWO HOURS for a train at her station before heading home to which my boss and I had to wonder why she didn't try going to another train line as there were several that were running and announcements were being made all over the place about line disruptions.

Anyway...I got off the phone with my father a few minutes ago. Apparently up until last night, they were without power since Sunday afternoon. Thankfully my mother got lucky in the hardware store and was able to get the generator she was waiting for so the food in the freezer and refrigerator wouldn't spoil. She was number 24 on the list and got VERY lucky to get one.

My sister, however, is still without power but thankfully she has a generator as well to keep her food okay. I think I can stop bitching about my bad commute given what they are dealing with.

Too bad that bastard Ivan seems to be heading their way next.

No comments: