Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Forgetfulness

For the third time this year, I have misplaced my ATM card. Normally this would not be a problem but considering that last time I had them send me a new card it took about a week to get to me.

I have ransacked my bedroom and clothes trying to make sure that it's not SOMEWHERE in the vicinity of what I call a life and I can't locate it at all. So I've called for a new one and tried to gauge how long it would take to get to me. A week. To have the card overnighted would cost me $35 out of my account.

I look at my wallet. Around sixty bucks plus a check from my grandmother for another hundred that I've had in my wallet for almost two months that I haven't deposited yet since I have a shite bank when it comes to deposits but great when it comes to interest rates. Considering that my bank is one of those evil investment empires I used to work for and not a traditional bank, even cashing a check with them isn't an option....

What to do...what to do...

Order the new card...no overnight service...I can live off of $60 for a week considering that I have nothing in the refrigerator to eat or anything in the cupboards to call mine right?

I can do this, right?

I'm going to have to...

No comments: