Tuesday, December 23, 2003

So I have made it back up to PA. There was traffic everywhere and at one point pretty much all of the roads in and out of D.C. we closed!
I want to thank all of you for your insiteful comments and help today. Wednesday's special guest will be Joni.
(Sorry, Joni, I do not not have your link and I am here on the rent's dial up so if tried clicking links to find yours, I would be able to publish this sometime in the new year!).



As it is 60th anniversary of "The Wizard of Oz", and I started today with a quote from the movie, I figured why end today on the same note.

Glinda: “You don't need to be helped any longer. You've always had the power to go back to Kansas."
Dorothy: “I have?
Scarecrow: "Then why didn't you tell her before?
Glinda: “Because she wouldn't have believed me. She had to learn it for herself."
Tin Man: “What have you learned, Dorothy?
Dorothy: “Well, I -- I think that it -- that it wasn't enough just to want to see Uncle Henry and Auntie Em -- and it's that – if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with! Is that right?
Glinda: “That's all it is!
Scarecrow: “But that's so easy! I should have thought of it for you.
Tin Man: “I should have felt it in my heart.
Glinda: “No. She had to find it out for herself. Now, those magic slippers will take you home in two seconds!
Dorothy: “Oh...Toto, too?
Glinda: “Toto, too.
Dorothy: “Oh, now?
Glinda: “Whenever you wish.
- “The Wizard of Oz”

I hope everyone out there has a wonderful holiday weekend and great New Year!

"Some day I'll wish upon a star. And wake up where the clouds are far behind me. Where troubles melt like lemon drops. Away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" - Dorothy Gale



No comments: