Friday, December 26, 2003

Quote of the Day
You are so lucky that I made you work late on Christmas Eve because it's raining outside!

Thank you, Brian, for the opportunity to run my mouth today. First, let me start out by saying that the company I work for SUCKS!  I was repeatedly informed that, not only will I not be able to leave early on Christmas Eve with the rest of the firm when it closed at 1:30, but I will have to come in today, when the firm is also closed for the entire day.  Some crap about some client's something being done before the end of the year.  I really don't care.  This is MY holiday.  My boss surely was home in her 57th Street high-rise when she called me at the office on Christmas Eve (evening) and gave me today's quote....the same boss who doesn't celebrate Christmas... hmmm.... where is the logic?

Santa was good to me this year. It was evident on my face as, while leaving my parents' house on Long Island yesterday, my mother commented: "Steven, you're happy. You didn't get a bunch of crap this year." (Yes, I usually do get a bunch of crap, and have to endure the very fake "Thank you. I love it [monotone]", or, "I saw this at the store and wanted to buy it [rolled eyes]".) Actually, my brother got me Harmon/Kardon sound sticks for my iBook, Carlos bought me a georgeous Kenneth Cole watch and an iPod (which I caught Nana, my 85-year old grandmother, jammin out with), and my parents gave me MONEY!! By far, the best gift of all.

Today it seems I have to play tour guide to Carlos' sister, who is visiting from Venezuela and doesn't speak a spit of English. I speak limited Spanish (which is hard to believe from all the Spanish I've had in me over the years...I should be fluent!) How do I tell her I have to work and she'll have to stay home? She's been looking forward to this all week! I can tell her flatly in Spanish, sure, but how do I EXPLAIN the circumstances, and get my sincere regret to come across, and how much I know my job SUCKS, all in broken Spanglish? This is NOT going to be a good day. Let me go wake her ass up.

Check on me at apt3e.com.

No comments: