Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Okay I stayed home from work today. I was violently ill all weekend and decided to go to work yesterday which really didn't help at all. Also spent the majority of the evening during the inventory to file our claim against the rental company and their insurance and I still have a ways to go there as well. When I woke up this morning after crawling into bed around two in the morning and then staring at the ceiling for yet another hour or so....well work was the farthest thing from my mind this morning. On the good side, all I have left to do on the inventory now are my CDs and my clothing and it can be submitted to our lawyers for review.

The highlight of the day came when our landlord made an appearance at the apartment with the insurance contractors. Basically he was tallying up what he was going to make off of all of the repair work. I made sure that everything was pointed out as to what was done by the firemen to the guys before the landlord appeared.

His mistake.

When he arrived I already let him know that I wasn't in the best of mood and when he deflected my attempts to get his insurance information out of him well...let's just say I found the Incredibly Hulk inside me and morphed into someone that will definitely be someone to be reckonced with on the rugby pitch this coming year. I completely ripped him a new one and I don't think he was prepared for someone like me with the amount of anger that I had stored up inside me. I let him know that I thought it was totally shitty that we had no one come to look at our repairs for nearly two weeks after the fire happened. I let him know that the apartment was pretty much unlivable...I went on and on and on and wasn't stopping. At one point the landlord tried to interrupt me and I pointedly shut him down saying that I didn't appreciate him interrupting me and I would appreciate if he would wait until I stopped talking before he opened his mouth.

The best part came when the landlord told me that my tone of voice was insulting and I got to use that against him when he turned around ostensibly to get my roommate who was home to validate some point that he had in fact been to our apartment since the fire. I told him that if my tone of voice was insulting then him turning his back on me when I was talking was insulting. He had no idea what had hit him. He had his hands to his face in an "Oy vey" look because apparently he thought I was going to just roll over and play dead for him.

Wrong.

Finally he just had to give up and say that we would just talk later and I said, "Fine, get out of the apartment then because I don't want you here right now."

He smartly left.

According to my roommate everyone in the entire apartment (workers, etc) all stopped when I was in the midst of my asshole ripping tantrum. None of them came to his defense and apparently our super was siding with me on this as well since he wasn't that thrilled with the landlord himself. Like I said, no one, especially the landlord expected to have someone like me come out with a full head of steam.

This man should know he has three men here that he shouldn't be fucking with because we will force him to drop trou, bend over, grab his ankles, and take it like a fucking man.

No comments: