Monday, December 15, 2003

I spent most of this weekend sick in bed. Yeah I made an obligatory trip to IKEA on Saturday to get some replacement furniture for things that were destroyed in the fire. I picked up a couple of chairs with matching ottomans, some picture frames, some lamps, and some storage boxes. I still have a long way to go but I am waiting to see what the new apartment has in store for me before I buy anything else.

On Saturday I got a nice phone call from SuitMan. I last saw him Friday night at the NYCGMC concert and gave him a nice long hug and a short sweet kiss before sending him down to get changed as he was going to the party and I had hoped to give him a much longer kiss as a Christmas gift. Well, I knew he was sick pretty much all week (we both have been all week since retreat) so it wasn't really a shock when he didn't show up at the party. I gave him a quick call and he was a little cranky since it was so late in the evening but I wished him well and told him to call me if he needed anything.

Anyway, I digress. SuitMan called to let me know that he had gone to the doctor who put him on a nebulizer (I think I spelled that wrong) and had told him he had a lung infection. We talked for a little while but I was so spaced out and exhausted that we didn't talk for too long. I promised him a call back on Sunday and did so somewhat early in the evening. We wound up talking for quite some time about a lot of different things and pretty much I somehow found the courage to tell him exactly how I felt about him without stuttering over my words or anything.

I told him that I liked him and definitely wanted to get to know him better but I wanted to take it slow between us so we could see together if there was something worth pursuing and to my delight he agreed wholeheartedly. We did discuss his last dating foray which turned out to be a disaster as the guy got way too attached to him way too fast. SuitMan did give me a few wonderful compliments that made me blush and really and truly made me realize that even if nothing becomes of the two of us, then the person he does wind up with is going to be one very lucky, very happy man because he has such a wonderful heart.

We're going to talk later this week when I get a moment away from doing my home inventory and I'm going to invite him to the New Year's Party I was just invited to...it's a start...we'll see where 2004 takes us....

No comments: