Wednesday, December 10, 2003

I'm doing everything within my power not to breakdown and cry out of sheer...well...happiness, elation, and love.

I got an email this morning from one of the guys on my rugby team offering me his place for at least six months. It's in Hell's Kitchen and it's a studio and it's more than what I'm paying now but it's a place for me to rest my head and call home for a while. There is the chance that when the lease is up at the beginning of July that the place could flip over to me but that's not a guarantee at all so I am hedging my bets on that one. It's a chance to get collected, get focused on finances and such, and look for a new permanent home.

I was a bit hesitant to send anything out to the team about looking for a new place since I had already asked for help in cleaning up, one teammate started a relief fund to help out as much as possible, and all of the words of encouragement and support along with offers of places to stay in a pinch coming through. I didn't want to burden them with more of my problems and issues related to the apartment as well. However, at the urging of my roommate (and fellow teammate) I did send out the email. His rationale was that I am a good person (hold your tongues everyone) and that I put out good energy and do good works and it's about time that I get rewarded for them. But this...well this I never expected.

But here I was sitting at the office staring at the email, my jaw hitting the floor from utter shock, and I was thisclose to bursting into big Susan Heyward/I Want to Live! tears because it was so unexpected, so welcome, and so large of a bequest that I didn't know how to take it when I read the email.

I am blessed. I am truly blessed to have all of these people in my life at this time. One of my basic tenets of my belief system (since I don't really subscribe to one religion) is that people are put into your life for a reason. Right now I'm learning generosity from my friends and family. I can only hope that one day I am allowed the chance to return the favor to them.

No comments: