Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A Guy Like You....

There's one question that I've been asked three times in the past week that I'm growing very tired of hearing -- "How can a guy like you still be single?" (or some variation thereof).

I hate this question. I have always hated this question. I hate it as much as I hate it when people say that "the minute you stop looking for someone is the moment when it happens."

I say it's bullshit.

I don't know why I'm single. Maybe I need to go out more. Maybe I need to start looking in different venues. Maybe I'm just really picky. Maybe I know what I want and won't settle until I get it. Maybe I don't want to be in a relationship.

Maybe you just need to mind your own fucking business.

Okay so that was a bit harsh. I know you mean well. Really, you do. I guess when you've heard the question more than a few times in the span of a week, it starts to bother you more than you realize.

Look I don't know. I don't know why I don't have a boyfriend or partner or whatever. But don't you think that it makes me question who I am, my self esteem, and more when you call things like that into question?

No comments: