Wednesday, March 24, 2004

I'm tired today.

I got home late from rugby practice and was kinda pissed at myself. I just got over shin splints and now I'm developing some achilles problems. I talked to our team trainer and she said that I needed some major anti-inflammatories (Celebrex or Vioxx were her suggestions) and ice the achilles down BEFORE practice. I'm going to pick up some more of the gel ice pack things you throw in the freezer so I can do that before practice. She says it will help and there's a support wrap she's going to show me.

I'm also going to try to get in to see my doctor as well since my left knee is giving me some problems again and the brace I'm wearing, while it works, also hinders me from really being able to run much. During sprints last night I had to bow out after the third round because I could feel the achilles ache starting to set in and ache as it did during the warm ups.

What really kills me...I really want to play this year. REALLY REALLY REALLY. I want to kick some butt. I'm not content to sit on the sidelines. But to do that means I need to take care of myself as well and heal. I didn't do as much of it last year as I should have and I paid the price. This year it will be different.

On the plus side, the really kinda hot new guy and I were goofing around at the bar after practice and I had my arms wrapped around him in what our coach would call a really bad tackle and he tried to shake me off by dragging me around the bar. On the plus side though, he and I did tackle drills together and he did say that I was tough to bring down. Of course, I reminded him that the guy he was tackling at bootcamp was about half my size...

Sigh...

Legs sore. Hurt.

No comments: