Saturday, August 02, 2014

30 Day Challenge - Day 1

Okay, so far so good.  No soda was consumed today and I was tempted more than a few times.  On top of that I made some really smart choices on low sugar things to drink as well.  I got several sugar free drink mixes to make at home to help me curb the desire for Diet Coke or Diet anything for that matter.  Give this a week and I may be pulling what's left of my hair out.

Today I went out with my neighbor to run some errands but more important for me was the opportunity for me to be around people and out of my apartment.  I have really turned into a hermit these past two months since my dad's passing and it hasn't really been a good thing for me.  Being outside I realized how much I miss people's energy and how much fun it is to snark around with friends.  I also spent WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more money than I should have but it was on stuff I really needed (like groceries and meds).  

I got a message on Facebook today from one of the rollergirls on the team I volunteer with saying she missed me.  Knowing that there are people out there who care and take the time to check in makes it doubly important that I get back out into the "real world" and interact with those who supported me when I arrived as a newbie and welcomed me with open arms and especially those same people who have been there the past few months.

No comments: