Monday, December 04, 2006

What Was I Thinking?

Pain.

Incredibly intense pain.

I did my first cardio class tonight -- Kickboxing.

What was I thinking?

Why? Why did I think that this was the perfect class to start off my first real workout week in just under two months?

I blame the Stacker 2s I was taking at the office.

Sure you can do this.

You can do anything! You're Superman!

You're Super Dumb Man.

I have no idea how I made it through the hour outside of sheer determination, knowing when to back off and go at my own pace, and just remembering that all costs to just keep moving.

Punch, kick, step. There was one part of the routine that required me to step back with one foot then step forward again with the same foot. I know that doesn't make sense but that's the best way to describe it. It's sort of like, step back with the right, step forward with teh right, high left knees. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

About 20 minutes in I knew that this was a mistake. How did I know? I wanted to puke.

But I finished. I went through an hour of this because I know I need to mix up my workout routines so that my body doesn't lapse into a regular routine and knows what to expect. Sort of like "Shock and Awe" on the body. The instructor gave me props for sticking with it and not giving up but I was drained. Maybe if they had regular step aerobic or something a little less intense at that time of the evening without requiring me to stay there until 9 to get a class it would be better but it is what it is.

I'm also coughing like a maniac because I think some cobwebs were swept away in my lungs.

Ugh. What was I thinking?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with this project! I think you look GREAT. But, at the end, the only thing that matters is what YOU think.
Love 4-ever,
The SUITMAN. He, he....

Joni said...

Ahhhh kickboxing.

It's brought down many of us Bri - I've never been as close to collapse as I was during kickboxing class.