Thursday, December 21, 2006

They Shoot Horses, Don't They?

I am sore.

I am incredibly sore.

I want someone to put me out of my misery.

The workout I had last night was so insane and intense that I think my arms are just being held on by the thinnest of strings. Intense bicep work right into an even more intense shoulder workout. We closed out with calves and abs and I really didn't think that I had done THAT intense of an ab session until I got onto the elliptical for a low-resistance/high intensity 20-minute run and they started to BURN....

The funniest part of the workout came when my trainer jokingly said he would sit on the pole on the calves machine that holds the plates,

"Ouch, that's gonna hurt no matter which way you sit on it."

Without missing a beat he said, "My butt is an exit hole only." We both cracked up and lost it even more when he said, "That's some funny shit..."

I was supposed to get up this mornign and go to yoga or even just simple cardio. Last night I knew that wasn't going to work and sent my bud a text message that said, pretty much, "No way in hell."

That extra hour of sleep helped but I think 2 Tylenol is going to be more effective.

No comments: