Friday, February 11, 2005

A Salute

I'm sitting here totally stunned to learn about the deal of the great Mike Wolf.

The first time I met Mike was at a blogger bash and the one thing that drew me to him was his laugh. The man had a great laugh and a great look on life that was contagious. You couldn't NOT have a great time around this man. A dry remark, a fabulous quip, nothing let this man down. Always a smile. Always a joke. Just always the person you looked forward to seeing.

The last time I saw Mike was at my 30th birthday party and that's how I'm going to choose to remember him. The smile. The laugh. The great hug he gave me right before I left the bar.

It's rare to meet someone like Mike and there's a large gaping hole in the cosmos that he filled to make this world a better place.

The man will be missed. Greatly and deeply missed. At the next Blogger Bash, we're raising a glass to toast this man...for someone who gave us so much and asking nothing in return, it's the least we can do.

No comments: