Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I'd like to use my phone-a-friend....

Well...Kathy never made it into the hotseat. In fact, she never made it to the interview. In fact, had she walked a little slower, she would have made the next cut.

Over 2,200 people from all over the country went down to Orlando for just the CHANCE of making it to the next round of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?. Of that 2,200, only 325 people were drawn to be interviewed for the chance to be on the show.

Kathy was #813.

They drew #814.

Oh well. There I was looking at the possibility of staying a higher priced hotel in Florence when I go to Italy on vacation but I'm back to the one and two star hotels. Currently leading the pack are Hotel Casci, Hotel Cimabue, and the A-Teatro Bed and Breakfast. I've already gotten a rate from the Hotel Casci which is near the Duomo and other key landmarks (such as the train station) but I'm waiting to hear back from these two (and some others but these are leading the pack) but really want to see what A-Teatro comes back with mainly beacuse it overlooks the Teatro Verdi in Florence but is all the way across town from the train station...although Hotel Casci has gotten rave reviews from the websites I've been looking at in terms of traveller reviews...and it has free internet so I can send pictures and so forth immediately....hmmm...so much to think about....

Oh well....between that and a few friends telling me I must go to Venice over Milan, I'm considering arriving in the city of gondolas rather than the fashion capital. But if I do go to Venice, then I might have to consider only spending 2 days in Florence and leaving on the 28th so I can spend the 29th in Venice which means I will have about 2 days...one for Florence and the other for Siena...sigh...so much to consider....maybe Bologna...I dunno....

No comments: