Tuesday, May 25, 2004

This week...this week...this week...

I'm not sure if I can make it through this week without going ballistic on some poor soul's ass.

First, Psycho, the hypochondriac coworker, came into the office at around 845 this morning. At 915 I was copied on an email from her to another department saying that she was leaving and that her work should be forwarded to me. I said, louder than I expected, "Why the fuck did you even bother coming into the office?"

Second, my coworker whose last day I thought was this Friday is actually TOMORROW. That means I have to spend the next TWO HOURS trying to learn his entire job in his bass ackwards style because...well...he doesn't really know how to train people to do work.

Third, kumquats. Just because.

Finally, I was on the phone with my mother today only to have to her ask when I was leaving for London...because she forgot I wasn't going. Salt. Wound. Mix in generous proportions.

The kicker of it all is that, oddly enough, I'm now one of the more senior people in my department and have quite a bit of job security. Not that it gives me any advantage or special privileges or the fact that I'm still trying to leave a job that I find to be tedious beyond belief but pays me well enough (although trust me it could be a lot better). Should I make it for one more year, I believe that will give me a fourth week of vacation but I'm not entirely sure. It's not like I get to take much vacation now as it is.

Eh...we'll see. I'm not really counting on anything at this point. Life is just one big ass mystery.

No comments: