Thursday, January 19, 2006

Grandma Gone Bonkers

"Why do you have that black stuff on your face and why did you spike your hair up?"

These immortal words were spoken by my grandmother (the one that drives me insane) to my parents when they went to visit her in the assisted living facility where she is recuperating from surgery.

My mother, however, looked like she always has and after exchanging glances with my father responded that she was doing a project with the grandchildren and that she had come right there after Melissa had picked them up.

At that point, my grandmother proceeded to tell my parents about the men who broke into the facility the week before but she escaped on her motorcycle and rode to church. She also said she saw Linda, the wife of my dad's cousin, in the parking lot and she was going to find Melissa so she could do something about the quality of the food she was being served.

I don't know whether to laugh or be sad.

No comments: