Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Fun with the French

Sassy.

Whip.

Fishnets.

Busty.

The list has begun.

One of the women in my department has taken the whiteboard next to her desk and begun to list the English words that she doesn't know as she is French. It's fun because they will hear the word, look it up in their online dictionary and then tell us the phrase that corresponds to it.

However, it was a bit hard to explain "you're so dominatrix kitten with a whip in those boots" without crossing the line into sexual harrassment. Thankfully, we got through that one okay. That also included "fishnets" in the conversation and until I started to make hand movements showing how the the stockings went she was totally confused.

Not that it's helping my limited French out any because something tells me I'm not going to be needing the word "busty" anytime soon on a date.

No comments: