Saturday, August 13, 2005

Ugh Blech Moan

I hate being sick.

Hate it, hate it, hate it.

When I get sick...I GET SICK! There's no two ways about it. This week has been a doozy.

It started a bit on Saturday with a headache that has yet to go away. By Tuesday afternoon, it was coupled with hot flashes that would causes instant sweats, chill spells (where I would violently start shaking), and my lower back began to ache. That night I was toast. I was never so fatigued just from being sick.

I finally had to take a day off from work so I could recuperate. I hate taking sick days off from work but in this case there was no way in Hades that I could have functioned at work. In less than a day I had sweated through about four t-shirts and had no appetite that entire week. I was forcing myself to eat (and pretty much still am) since I had no appetite (and pretty much still don't). My temperature was going up and down like a lunatic.

Finally on Thursday I am able to get into \the doctor's office. Having talked to my mother (a former nurse) she thinks I have a kidney infection, I went in armed with that information. My doctor wondered if it was a respiratory infection and gave me a one dose antibiotic to take. I haven't felt results as of yet but we shall see. After seeing the doc, I talked to Shelly, the rugby team's trainer and a paramedic, and she thinks I have a urinary tract infection. All I know is that if I am not feeling better by the middle of next week it's back to the doctor. I am not going to miss my vacation next month because of this.

So here I am today....on Saturday....really not feeling like wanting to do much of anything but lay in bed. The headache is here. The fever is here. The back ache is here.

Oh yeah. It's happy time here. Maybe when I feel better I'll tell you about the guy I had a date with last week.

No comments: