Monday, March 14, 2005

G-O-N-E...GONE! (with a special Weekend Update)

I went on a bit of a shopping spree this weekend. About 90% of it was totally necessary and the remaining 10% was just to do something for me -- something I hadn't done in a REALLY long time. Granted those percentages are just a little bit off but I don't care...

On Saturday, the annual bonus hit my account and I went out on the web to go and find the airline fare of my dreams to get me to Italy. Just over half of my bonus was gone in that one purchase alone. I have a direct flight from JFK to Venice's Marco Polo airport which means about eight hours in the air (and as much sleep as I can grab) before I transfer to the train for the four hour ride down to Florence. Now, I know you're all wondering why I'm not flying directly into Florence and that's because I'm spending my last two days in Venice and it just makes a little more sense to fly into the city where I'm going to spend the last days of my trip. If it all works out well, then I should be in Florence by 3:00pm which will give me enough time for a short nap or maybe a little quick shopping excursion for something snappy to wear at dinner.

The next purchase came a lot quicker than I expected as I was going to hold off on the charge card until after the team's rugby bootcamp. But, as I was walking to get a cab, I passed by City Sports on 53rd and Lexington and spied hiking boots in their downstairs shoe department. I debated for all of nine seconds whether or not to check out their selection or head to the bootcamp when I gave into my inner Carrie Bradshaw's love of shoes and decided to check out their offerings. Fifteen minutes later I had a pair of chocolate brown hiking boots and a pair of Asics (which were on sale for $25) in my hand and I was in a cab heading off. Another hundred plus out the window.

The damage, howwever, wasn't over. A friend dropped me off at the subway station heading home. The bad part is that it happened to be right next to the Best Buy in Chelsea. I couldn't resist going down to take another look at the DVD players they had on display. The main thing to remember here is that I do not own a DVD player. Not at all. I bought my parents a DVD player before I bought myself a DVD player. Well, knowing that I had a little money left to splurge with, I opted to go high end -- a DVD recorder/VHS combo which was on sale. Throw on some blank DVDs to record some shows on and more DVDs than I really should have bought (and some which I probably could have done without), a new CD player (the cheap $20 kind), batteries, etc, I blew the rest of my bonus there VERY quickly. In less than one day, I had spent more money than I ever had before in my life.

I was nauseous but got over it when I successfully installed the new electronic toy on my first try.

So what else happened this weekend....

Friday night had a little bit of flirting action going on. One of my friends in Canada and I have a mutual friend who lives in Pennsylvania who, at the very least, is bi and also cute as hell. We've had lovely little flirtations in the past few days where I've joking referred to him as my new boyfriend (because he is cute as hell) and joked that we were going to audition for The Amazing Race as a "gay couple on the verge of a break up" and then fight all the way through before making up at the end. We exchanged a few pics of each other and I got to see his ex (a male one at that) and while my Canadian friend seems to want me to put a move on him I doubt anything will happen unless he and I both get really drunk and he happens to be staying at my place and we have to both sleep in my bed. Queen sized naturally.

Saturday was the rugby boot camp and there was some mild flirting with one of the guys who came out to see if the sport was for him. Nothing major just watching him strip down to his boxers out in public and then him telling me where I can see naked pics of him online (including a cum shot apparently). He told me to email him with information about practices this week and I did leaving him a little message that I couldn't find his pics so I guess that means he has to email them to me. As of yet, I haven't gotten anything from him.

Sunday, I had a date. Yes. A date. And not with New Rugby Guy and the first date since the hell that went down with SuitMan. We'll call this guy Blondie (his very dramatic hair color) for now. Blondie and I went to have sushi (and a lot of sushi it was) for lunch and we chatted as we both had plans for later that day so it was kinda perfect. Blondie is like a twig. I would guesstimate he weighs about 130 if that much so I'm kinda wondering what he sees in me since people of his size do not generally ask people of MY size out on dates. He's 40 and from New Orleans and is a stylist for photo shoots. So far, so good. Nice guy. Very sweet. Total opposite of me so we'll see how this goes...we're going to try to get together sometime this week, if not this weekend....

If not, there's always my Philadelphia Cheese Steak to look into...

No comments: