Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Stairway to Heaven

Today I did the most amazing thing I have ever done in my life....something that I have thought since I was a little child but never really had the opportunity to do and never thought that I would really ever do...just a childhood dream that remarkably came true today...

I went inside the Leaning Tower of Pisa and walked all the way to the top...

It was totally worth the 17 euro I paid and I probably would have paid more if I had known it would have been that magnificent and spectacular. The entire climb I was grinning like a child knowing that I was going up inside this remarkable structure and that I was experiencing something that very few get to do. They take maybe 30 people up at a time and it's absolutely one of the most amazing things that I have ever done.

Can you tell that I got a rush out of that one???

I leave tomorrow for Venice so this is my last chance to snag some time in an Internet cafe (which are EVERYWHERE here) before I head out tomorrow. I must repack teh bag and start making my laundry list of things that I have bought for the customs agents. Four bottles of wine and one bottle of grappa are already on the list as well as the leather coat I just bought in San Lorenzo Square...sigh...I'm such a clothes whore...or leather whore....or just a whore...

Let's not go into the shoes...

No comments: