Monday, December 20, 2004

Two Thousand Four/Two Thousand Bore

This year started off with a lot of promise after ending last year on a major downer note (fire, apartment gone, clothes that smell of smoke, asshole landlords), kinda picked up in the beginning of the year with the love life which then went south in the summer and picked back up again when SkiGuy and I started going out again.

Now it's back down and has been there for quite some time.

Dissastified with work. I need a new job doing what I want to do rather than what I'm doing now. If I only knew what I wanted to do.

Dissatisfied with my love life. I'm tired of having to call SkiGuy because he's too wrapped up in work or other things (primarily work though) to call me, make time for me, or anthing. SuitMan is no more and I'm at peace with that. And the only other guy that I was even somewhat interested on that same level (rather than the casual dating I was doing earlier this year) turned out to not be interested in me after all despite the advice from friends that what they saw was interest on his part. Or at least that's what I've been told. And not by him. And to top it all off, I'm not in the mood to actually find out or even want to find out.

Dissatisfied with my current financial situation. I can at least say that I'm working to rectify this one...we'll see how successful I am.

But I am thankful for things...I have a roof over my head. I have clothes on my back. I have food in my stomach. I have friends I can lean on for support in time of need. Sometimes I need to remind myself that I am lucky and blessed to have what I have and not complain about what I don't or what I haven't tried to change.

This is one of those times.

No comments: