Friday, October 17, 2003

Just got this email and wanted to pass it along to everyone....personally this is kinda repugnant...

Hi Brian...

I've written you before about different things and wanted to turn you on to something going on in Charlotte. I recently started working for GayStreams.com (part of AEBN) and The Darren Austin Show. Darren Austin moved to Charlotte from Los Angeles but is originally from Charleston, SC. The Darren Austin Show is currently a radio show streamed via the internet and airs at 5pm est on Mondays. I thought you might be interested in listening to his show Monday evening because he is having the people from God Hates Fags (they are also behind http://www.godhatesamerica.com/) on. I'm not sure if you are aware of this but they are trying to put up a monument in Casper, WY marking the death of Matthew Shepard (http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/shepard_monument.html) . The reason Darren is having them on the show is because people need to know this organization exists and that they are VERY actively crusading against gays, America and just about anything else. In fact, they have 60 people that are travelling around the country full time crusading and picketing. They even picket funerals!!! I know that a LOT of people read your blog and the word needs to get out so I was hoping you could post about this on your blog! I'm not sure what the status is of the Matthew Shepard monument but last we heard it looks like the City of Casper, WY is going to allow it be put up. I know you work and may not be able to listen to the show live but it will be archived on the site.


I really hope the city of Casper doesn't put it up because...ugh...that's just wrong on so many levels..

No comments: