Monday, August 02, 2004

Orange...it's the new black....

So as you can see from the terror alert watch on his blog, while the rest of the country must exercise vague caution, we here in NYC and those lovely friends of ours in D.C. are Oompa Loompa Doobadee Screwed....

To show the lovely levels of heightened security we now have in NYC, I was on the subway this morning going to work when we got to one stop and instead of the doors closing right after letting the people on and off the train, the conductor (or engineer...who knows who really does the talking on these trains) said, "At this time, we would like for you to look around and see if there are any suspicious, unattended packages in your car and let the police outside know."

He said this twice which made me giggle a little and then of course when the kinda hot police officer came and took a look in our car, it kinda gave my morning a lift. It wasn't until I got to work that I realized that the stop where this all went on was the stop under the Citigroup Tower that has brought us up to Level Oompa...I mean Orange. Orange.

Of course as Crash astutely pointed out, they don't have us do this at the stop BEFORE just in case, they have us do it when we're right under the building. I have to say that should something have gone off while we were in the station, it would be just a wee bit too late, ya know...then again I guess they could have gotten off of the train at that stop and left it behind as well....but who knows...either way...Oompa Loompa...

No comments: