Tuesday, November 26, 2002

This may be a confusing post so let’s get some codewords in there before we begin so you will be able to follow this very sordid, twisted tale…

Old Crush – This would be the guy in the chorus that I had a crush on for most of the last year or so but pretty much did nothing about it (as is my normal modus operandi) and he subsequently got into a relationship, then out of that relationship, then into another one.

New Crush – This is the new guy in the chorus that I find absolutely adorable and would probably like to get to know more about if not molest through the careful practice of massaging. In this case, however, we don’t know if New Crush has a boyfriend or is in a relationship. Chorus roster tells nothing.

Union Girl -- Super spy chorus member. Known for her ability to get information out of almost anyone without anyone knowing it. Also known for not updating her blog in MONTHS.

Truvy -- Another chorus member who will be rooming with his chorus crush at retreat (at least he told me months ago it was his crush so who knows anymore). Okay, so I pronounced his crush’s last name wrong…and had been doing so for quite some time. He should have corrected me but that’s another story…

Anyway, let’s get into the story…

I got word that Old Crush was not going to be at rehearsal last night and heard from very reliable sources that Old Crush has, for the most part, gone ga-ga over the new guy in his life and has pretty much set up camp at new guy’s place spending many a night there. Here’s the interesting part…it really didn’t phase me. I thought that I would be a little hurt, shocked, betrayed, what have you, but for the most part, all I care about is people’s happiness (what…does that shock you?) so if he’s happy, then he’s happy and that’s all I care about. It’s odd though. Since the last concert of the 2001-2002 season, I’m happier to have him as a friend than have him as a boyfriend (if that makes any sense).

Then there is the New Crush who arrived late to rehearsal and stopped to give me a nice warm, wet peck on the lips. Now, since this was the first time that he’s done anything like this (as he initiated it) it was one of those head rush moments were the world was spinning but not as fast as my head. Now, I had already given Union Girl her mission for the evening to determine his bachelorhood (as the chorus roster lists him as single) but sadly, Union Girl failed me. Of course, the fact that the mission got off to an ill-timed start and the fact that if she had succeeded then my cover would have been blown to bits…well…I guess I should say that I am grateful that she failed. But let me just pout for a moment because I didn’t get a kiss from him before he departed for the evening at break. Sigh…oh well…then again, there is retreat...*evil smile*...I'll be nice...maybe...he did have nice, wet, very kissable lips...is it getting hot in here?

I dunno why I mentioned Truvy in any of this...I guess I was just working that crush angle just a bit too hard...

No comments: