Tuesday, November 05, 2002

It's time for Brian to bitch and moan again and I am so not happy. Basically, this is one of those "If I don't get this out ASAP then someone is going to have their head ripped off and used as a bowling ball"!

I have a coworker (who for the sake of this entry we'll call Gloria) who was injured on the job and went through worker's compensation, etc. She was on short term disability and came back to the job. Well, she's become one of those people who uses her injury to her advantage to get other people to do her work, etc. She's become afraid to turn or move or pretty much do anything.

Now, I know that she has some pretty valid reasons for feeling the way she does and is entitled to her apprehension in regards to certain actions. I guess what pisses me off the most is that she acts like a damn china doll who can't move or act or do certain things without going into a tizzy over it. From experience (and like I said this is just me and I know that everyone else's body is different yadda yadda yadda), if I hold my body in a certain position for an extended period of time then, yes, any movement is going to be painful because my body isn't used to being moved in that direction.

I guess what pisses me off the most is that she's not even trying to get better as much as she's bitching and moaning about it. When she takes her time off, her work falls on me. That's not to say that I am overloaded with work, but her "poor pitiful Pearl" voicemails I get and her timid little ways of coming up to me as if just speaking alone with break her neck is starting to take a toll on me. At first I sympathized with her but now that I see it's more of a trend with her my sympathy is waning.

Ugh...this was not how I wanted to start my morning.

No comments: