Wednesday, November 06, 2002

Pain, pain, enormous pain...

And I'm not just talking about the major Democrat Senate defeats either...

I got DRILLED at rugby practice during a maul exercise. We were doing off-angle mauling where you run at the attacker/defender but instead of running at them directly for a full front hit, you hit them at the shoulder. If there is enough power then you get them off-balance and can run through them.

I got NAILED in this drill. Jose came and barrelled into me and it truly did knock me off balance. But the pain on my upper chest last night and this morning was unbelieveable. We're talking major bruise here...

And then to the Democrats. I know I am as disappointed as they are. Jean Carnahan, babycakes, I love ya. You were put into a difficult situation and did the best that you possibly could. There is a learning curve to the job and you did your damnedest to make it work for you...Interesting to note that everyone is already calling the Mondale/Coleman race in Minnesota except NBC who still says it's too close to call.

Anyway what does this election mean for the Republicans? To quote RuPaul (yes, RuPaul), "You better work, girl!" They have a lot to prove in two years and if they don't get their heads out of their collective asses in the next 730 days then they can kiss their president goodbye.

No comments: