Monday, October 27, 2003

Hmm so I guess I should talk about this weekend....but let's have a retro moment as have another...

Monday Meltdown

God it's been so long since I've done one of these....prepare for a bumpy ride people...I'm not sure if I remember how to do this...

The team scored it's first try against a union team this weekend courtesy of Patrick. Actually, I was there when the play was formalized by our captain prior to the match and frankly, I hope they use it more often in the coming games because it was the same ram-and-smash over and over that got us into the try zone. Actually, we had a chance to get a second try but were unable to get a hand on the ball to tap it down and score. We were awarded a penalty try later in the game due, most likely, to the other team shooting their mouths off to the ref out of sheer frustration.

After the game there was the requisite drink up where...how do I want to phrase this...there's a member of the team (if you can really call him that I guess) who joined us early in the practice season and then dropped off (but not out) due to outside scheduling difficulties and commitments who made an appearance at our drink up and the subsequent post drink-up party. Well, I've always thought he was a cutie and was somewhat shocked that he remembered who I was (considering we had barely talked) and he even deigned to rub my back when requested (followed by a nice kiss to the top of the head which was after a few kisses...well pecks really...to the lips). I will admit to flirting with him at least once (and possibly more) when I was offered a shot of tequila. Now we all know how tequila makes me so I asked if I would get a kiss afterwards and he said maybe. Well, we all took our shots and I got my kiss followed by a "Good boy" which I really didn't know how to take since it's been so long since I've been called a "boy." Anyway, my only regret is not making a move on him that night which was complicated by the fact that a nice number of the team members was present at the time. I was trying to find the right moment to maneuver myself onto the couch next to him but it always seemed that there was someone in the way of obtaining that goal. Also when I left, he was talking with someone so it made it a bit more difficult for me to gauge any interest on his part (or shove my tongue down his throat) so I shot him an email yesterday and we'll see if he decides to respond. If it does...well....we'll see. He's a nice guy and it would kinda be nice to see if something happens there.

So now you're wondering about Kik'e and what is happening there. Well, it's still on and we're still talking and trying to make plans to see each other which is complicated by his work schedule and my rugby commitments. Last time I saw him was at a rugby match in Princeton and we've been trying to work out the time together since. He will be in town this weekend working and on top of it all, he will have his own hotel room to stay in. I've been told that should anything happen between us (as we've yet to take our budding relationship to the carnal level) this would be the best opportunity so far. We shall see. He may not have time to see me this weekend. But, like I said, we shall see. He's taking it slow and I think we're taking the long, serious route which is fine for me, but not having him closer and communicating primarily through email and phone calls is getting somewhat tiring and turning this into more of a long distance relationship than it should be.

My back and head are both hurting me and I feel like I am running a low grade fever right now. I'm a little sweaty and clammy and not feeling too swift. I have aches where I shouldn't have them as well. I hope to hell I am not getting majorly sick.

Isn't it great when you run into old friends when you least expect it? I was at the York Theatre for their second mufti show Lucky Stiff with one of the guys from the rugby team when I saw this woman in the front row turn around. I immediately recognized her as my good buddy Heather with whom I have carried on many an escapade in NYC. I think our most notorious has to be the Busby Berkley inspired umbrella dance down 59th Street which brought on the honks of more than a few passing cars. Now if they had only thrown us money. Heather and I hadn't seen each other in about two years although we've kept in touch through emails so hopefully this will all work out for the best -- especially since she wants to collaborate on a new play...a thriller no less.

So the Yankees lost. Frankly I don't care since I wanted either the Cubs or the Red Sox to pull through and finally get them to shut up for once.

LeeAnn from The Bachelor scares me.

Listening to twenty plus gay men sing along with "Mm-kay" from the South Park movie now means that they can't bitch when I get drunk and start dancing to songs from Broadway shows.

One day the movie Glitter will be looked upon as high camp art. And that frightens me more than LeeAnn from The Bachelor. Personally, I think Mariah Carey's character should have been called Glitter because at least ONE thing in the movie would have made sense.

Crash, when drunk, can get very mushy. I think he hugged me about thirteen times in the course of a two hour period. Apparently if someone started playing Celine Dion he would have started crying. Hell, the fact that Celine Dion has a career is enough to make anyone cry.

Kumquats.

Buy a freakin' calendar and support the team! It will make me really happy and love you more than I do right now.

Does anyone know where I can buy a fraternity shirt in NYC? I am thinking of going as a drunken frat boy for Halloween....

That's all for now. I love you. No really. I do.

No comments: