Thursday, August 07, 2014

30 Day Challenge - Days 4-5

Sorry for not posting.  These last two days at work have been BRUTAL with everything that I have had to do at the office.

That's where the temptation hit. As I mentioned, the hardest part about giving up soda for this month is the fact that we have FREE soda at work.  It's always around.  I hear cans popping throughout the day.  When I am stressed, it was always a "go to."  Go grab a soda, sit down, release some tension, get to work.  Now I don't have that.

What I have replaced it with (and who knows if I am replacing it with something better or worse) are the single serving drink mixes with my favorite being the Jolly Rancher Green Apple or the Wylers Strawberry Lemonade.  I am sure the sodium levels with that aren't that great but I do feel that at least I am not putting a can of chemicals into my system.

At my worst I could drink 20 cans a day.

And now I've gone cold turkey.

But I am making it and that's all that matters.  I think if I can make it through two weeks then the cravings will subside and it will be smooth sailing from here.

No comments: