Monday, January 28, 2008

At Least It's Not Jenny Craig...

So I saw my doctor today since I am still not 100%....or even 60%. He thinks I have a bronchial infection and I'm on antibiotics.

However, he did ask about my blood sugar which has been okay but not perfect as of late. Since he's been getting frustrated with my numbers as well as the fact that he doesn't want to change my meds, he made a challenge to me....

Nutrisystem has a plan for Type II diabetics. Since he wants me to drop some weight on top of getting my numbers under control, it's a workable solution. The challenge is that I stick with it for three months. If it works, my numbers get under control and I drop some weight on top of it, then I foot the bill for it. Should it not work and my numbers don't change, then he will reimburse me for it.

That's a cool doc. And sure enough I said yes.

Now, I'm not going to cheat and eat a bunch of crap so he has to pay me back for it (what's the point in that) so we'll see how this works. Three months isn't that long so it should be interesting to say the least.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I like him!